A. A. 2016 / 2017
A. A. 2018 / 2019
A. A. 2019 / 2020
A. A. 2020 / 2021
A. A. 2021 / 2022
A. A. 2022 / 2023
MAIN RESEARCH AREAS
- Strengthening health system resilience to enhance disaster preparedness.
- Aligning Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation to protect global health from disasters and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals in the Post-COP26 Era.
- Professionalization of disaster and humanitarian health workers.
- Curriculum development in disaster medicine, humanitarian aid and global health.
- Integration, implementation, and analysis of innovative training methodologies for disaster response and humanitarian assistance.
- Coordinator of CRIMEDIM’s research personnel and administrative staff (40+).
- Faculty Member of the Medical School at the Università del Piemonte Orientale.
- Faculty Member and Scientific Coordinator of the International Doctoral Program in Global Health, Humanitarian Aid and Disaster Medicine, joint PhD designed and offered by the Università del Piemonte Orientale and the Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
- Course Director of the European Master in Disaster Medicine, Advanced Master of Science designed and offered by the Università del Piemonte Orientale and the Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
- Adjunct Faculty Member of the BIDMC Fellowship in Disaster Medicine, Harvard Medical School.
- Faculty Member of the Master’s Degree in Disaster Management at the IMT Mines Alès, France.
- Faculty Member of the Master of Science in Global Health at the Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Principal investigator and project lead of 3 European funded projects TEAMS, TEAMS 2.0 and TEAMS 3.0 – Training for Emergency Medical Teams and European Medical Corps (a total of EU grant 2 million euro).
- Principal investigator of the NEMS Project, a World Bank funded project (budget 13 million dollars) which aims to create and implement the first national prehospital emergency medical system in Sierra Leone.
- Coordinator for CRIMEDIM of the MODEX exercise in Piedmont, a large-full scale exercise funded by DG ECHO (EU grant 150.000 euro).
- Coordinator of the Work Package 5 of the Horizon 2020 European funded project NO-FEAR (EU grant 3.5 million euro) which aims to bring together a pan-European and beyond network of emergency medical care practitioners, suppliers, decision and policy makers to collaborate and exchange knowledge, good practices, and lessons learned.
- Coordinator of the Work Package 1 of the Horizon 2020 European funded project NIGTHINGALE - Novel InteGrated toolkit for enhanced pre-Hospital life support and Triage IN challenGing And Large Emergencies (EU grant 8.9 million euro) which aims to improve the medical response in mass casualty incidents and disasters. The consortium includes 23 partners from all over Europe.
- Coordinator of the implementation of the workplan agreed with WHO within the official framework of CRIMEDIM as WHO Collaborating Center for Training and Research in Emergency and Disaster Medicine.
- Member of the team of experts designated by the Italian Ministry of Health with the task of guiding the process of monitoring, evaluation and updating of the national strategic-operational plan for preparation and response to a 2021 - 2023 influenza pandemic.
- Coordinator of the European funded consortium leading the organization of three WHO Emergency Medical Teams Coordination Cell Trainings and two OCHA UNDAC courses (EU grant 300.000 euro).
- Member of the research project SPRM - Strategic Pandemic Risk Management, project financed by the Norwegian Research Council.
- Member of the research project WHO H-EDRM health workforce development coordinated by the Collaborating Centre for Oxford University and other partners: Harvard University (USA), Tohoku University (Japan), University of Hyogo (Japan), University of the Philippines, and the Sichuan University (China). Funded by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Direction of the international research group, collaboration between CRIMEDIM, World Health Organization and Harvard University, for conducting the field study for the evaluation of the quality of the response to the health emergency caused by the battle of Mosul in Iraq.
- Support the WHO Emergency Medical Team (EMT) Initiative to produce a monitoring framework, contribute to trainings curriculum and implementation of simulation exercises at the regional training center in WHO AFRO region.
- Clinical activities, assistance and counseling for patients under mechanical ventilation, supervision and coordination of research projects and activities carried out by residents in anesthesia and intensive care within a 2nd level functional rehabilitation center (in-patient and outpatient services) associated with the Università del Piemonte Orientale.
- Responsible of the development, documentation, and test of the Hospital Disaster Plan of the Maggiore della Carità University Hospital (Novara), the second largest third-level referral hospital of the Piedmont Region (Italy).
- Promotion and coordination of the collaborative relationships with regional, national, and international institutions and organizations in the field of disaster medicine and humanitarian health, with United Nations Offices and Agencies, departments of other Italian and international universities, with public and private research centers, with companies and individuals.